Forum on a web page
On visiting a discussion forum the user will encounter one of two views depending upon how the discussion forum has been set up:
- A view of discussion forums organised within categories
- A simple view of all discussion forums
Forum website features
- Fully customisable user profiles
- Role-based posting, private and archived forums
- Recent topics and topic lists by user
- Forum stats on home page, including "who's logged on"
- Users can upload profile photos and avatars
- Posts show user data like location, join date and number of posts
- Favourite topics, e-mail notification of replies
- Mark individual forums read
- Post private messages
Contensis administrators and moderators have full control over the running of discussion forums.
Forum features for administrators
- Contensis moderators can close, pin, delete, move or rename topics, and see user IPs
- Times are adjusted for time-zone and daylight savings
- Administrators can edit accounts, approve profile photos, manage and order forums and synchronise e-mails to opt-in members
The forums module saves loads of development time; there is no need to carry out any user integration work as the forums are built into the core product.
The forums use our standard themes, which allows developers to quickly integrate with the rest of the website design.